I read pretty much any chance I get. I mostly read YA books but some adult ones as well. To me all books are precious gems and are meant to be treasured.



Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (5):



Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. Its about what books you just can't wait to get your hands on.


The Sookie Stackhouse Companion:
by Charlaine Harris

Release Date: August 30 2011


Readers will have the opportunity for an in-depth look at Sookie, her family, friends, enemies, adventures, and of course-- the lovers who set her world on fire.

Readers Will:

- Tour Bon Temps via the detailed map in the book, created by Charlaine Harris.
- Read transcripts of Eric and Bill private conversations.
- Examine all the branches of Sookie's family tree.

- Learn the fine points of the distinctions between vampire, shifter, and fae.
- Get must-have Bon Temps recipes including Caroline Bellefleur's famous chocolate cake.
- Test themselves with trivia questions form the series.
- And much more.
* Barnes and Noble Description



My Thoughts:

I love the Sookie Stackhouse series, and can't wait to dive into the companion to learn more about the characters, and world "True Blood" is based on.
I am not sure which cover will be released or if both of them will be. I like both of them.


What are you waiting for?



12 comments:

  1. Shhh dont tell anyone but I haven't read these yet...LOl...I actually just bought the first one on audio, Im hoping it good..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Sookie is brilliant. I wasn't too keen on the last one though, whole bond thing was pretty anit-climatic. Great WoW pick.

    My WoW

    Amy@adumbrations (new follower)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A reader can't have too many Sookie companion.
    Great pick!

    Here's my WoW pick this week:
    http://www.peaceloveandreviews.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo I LOVE the Sookie books! I had no idea there was going to be a companion novel, thanks for sharing Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I've had this on my list for a while now. Great pick. :)

    Here's my WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-unbecoming-of-mara.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! i didn't know that she was coming out with a companion novel! :) exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't heard of the new Harris stuff coming out, but I will definitely have to check it out. I have bought the first two books of the series and really need to get on reading them! [: Great picks!

    Erin @ Let's Evaluate

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read the Sookie Stackhouse series yet but I have heard great things about it. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've only read the first two books but I'm addicted to the HBO series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Sookie Stackhouse - you can never have enough! Fab choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great pick loved that cover its so eerily beautiful x thanks for dropping by on my page following you now

    LALAINE'S FICBOOKREVIEWS

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to really try this series one day. I think my fear is that the books are as bloody as the show seems to be.

    ReplyDelete