Twilight by Stephenie Meyer:
Chapter 6: Scary Stories
Chapter 7: Nightmare
Chapter 8: Port Angeles
Chapter 9: Theory
Chapter 10: Interrogations
1. Because we have to talk about it sometime- are you team Edward or Team Jacob? Does that impact how you re-read the book?
- Though I think Jacob is totally sweet and adorable, I have been team Edward from the very beginning. Both personally and for Bella. I just fell in love with Edward's character, and I prefer Vampires over fur....lol. For Bella I just felt that her and Edward were meant for one another, both being old souls and all. Also it didn't affect the way I re-read the book because I enjoy both Edward and Jacob. I believe both are Yummy, and both have their purpose in the book. I just enjoy the parts about Edward a little bit more.
2. Bella spends a lot of her time by herself in her room when she's not at school. What do you think this says about her character? Can you relate to her introverted nature?
- I really believe there are numerous reasons why Bella spends a lot of her time n her room by herself.
- She is now living in a small town where there isn't much to do.
- She's new and her relationship with her father isn't "lets all hangout and talk."
- She is trying to figure out what is going on with Edward, and who or what he really is.
I don't really think it shows to much about her character, except for the fact she doesn't really fit into the normal world. She's always felt that she hasn't belonged. (Kind of awkwardly stumbling though everyday life.)
I can relate more to this nature now then when I was in high school. In high school I was always involved in something. Clubs, softball, hanging out with friends, etc. Now I spend most of my time home with the hubby, reading, or at Barnes and Noble. I know my life is boring right now :) I can also relate to living in a super small town. I lived with my mom when I first moved back to VA. She lives in Tappahannock VA, there isn't much to do. They have a Super Wal-Mart, a Lows, three restaurants (not fast food but restaurants), a small movie theater, and a Peebles. Not much to do but stay home.
3. Probably my favorite Chapter of the whole book. Chapter 8 brings us dress shopping, nearly getting assaulted, and then wraps up nicely with a quaint dinner and confession time. In this we see the blend of typical teenage existence starting to get tainted by the paranormal world. If given the choice right then would you push to know more about the paranormal or bury your head in the sand and live the teenage dream?
- I would totally want to know more. I think that's the whole reason we read about the paranormal world. We Liked to belong to these unique supernatural worlds, and despite how crazy or dangerous they might be we would want to know more, or at least I would. The unknown appeals to people, and especially when there is sexy beautiful creatures running around. If it didn't we wouldn't even be discussing Twilight.
4. Already, it's pretty clear that Bella is falling for Edward. Is this happening to quickly to be plausible, or is it totally reasonable to you? What about Edward do you find him to be swoon worthy at this point?
- As for Edward being swoon worthy at this point. Absolutely!!! One, he is inhumanly beautiful, and Two, he has saved Bella's life once, and swooped in and picked her up when she was ill.
As for Bella falling for Edward to quickly. I would say yes if it was an everyday normal relationship, but it isn't. They are like two magnets attracted to each other. Both are intrigued by one another, and attracted to one another. Edward to Bella because he can't hear her thoughts and her blood calls to him. Bella because Edward is so different and he's fricken gorgeous.
I think we tend to do that in normal relationships as well to a point. We are attracted to one another, date, and then really get to know one another. A lot of people in relationships think they love someone before they truly get to know them.
5. Jessica has to forcibly remove all of the details on what's going on from Bella, but through that we learn more about how she's feeling and how she's falling for Edward already. If you were in Jessica's shoes what would you say to Bella?
-Well personally I think Jessica is being really nosey. I mean it isn't like they are best friends and confide in each other. However, I think if I was Jessica I would just tell Bella to be careful because him and his family are very secretive, and are a bit intimidating. So I would just tell her to be careful in her feelings and with her heart.
* This weeks questions are from Lisa at Lisa is Busy Nerding (love her blog check it out!!) Next weeks questions are hosted by Jacinda and Jasmine at The Reading Housewives of Indiana. (These girls are wonderful please check out their blog as well.)