I read pretty much any chance I get. I mostly read YA books but some adult ones as well. To me all books are precious gems and are meant to be treasured.



Thursday, July 7, 2011

Passion by Lauren Kate




Release Date:  June 14 2011
Publisher:  Delacorte
Reading Level:  Young Adult
Pages:  420
Type:  Hardcover; Exclusive Edition
Source:  Barnes & Noble


What if you find your soul mate.... at the wrong time?

Luce would die for Daniel. And she has. Over and over again. Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart. Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn't need to be that way.... Luce is certain that something -- or someone -- in a past life can help her in her present one. So she begins the most important journey of this lifetime.

-- Going back eternities to witness firsthand her romances with Daniel -- and finally unlock the key to making their love last.

Cam and the legions of angels and Outcasts are desperate to catch Luce, but none are as frantic as Daniel. He chases Luce through their shared  pasts, terrified of what might happen if she rewrites history. Because their romance for the ages could go up in flames.... forever.

-- Inside Sleeve Description



Passion is the third book in Lauren Kate's Fallen series.
I absolutely love this series!! What drew me to it in the first place was the cover art of Fallen. Torment's cover was amazing as well, and Passion's cover did not disappoint. It's completely beautiful, from the picture of Luce to the background colors.

Passion grabbed a hold of me and didn't let me go. I couldn't put it down. In this book Luce and Daniel are racing through time; through their pasts. Luce to understand her love for Daniel, and to see the lives she has forgotten. And Daniel to bring Luce back to the present before she changes something in their past that ruins their future. This book was beautifully written and has more romance and suspense then the others. You really get to see how deep their love runs over the centuries. Their love truly stands the test of time, and they always find each other in every one of her lives.

I really love how Lauren Kate shows the story from both Daniel and Luce's point of views. This way you see what Luce is going through as she visits her past lives, and what Daniel is doing and feeling as he is reliving these experiences. Luce is such a strong character. She has been through so much in the past two books, and she faces so much more in Passion. She takes each new life's situations head on, without a second thought.

I loved, loved, loved this book ! Its my favorite book in the series so far. You really get a front seat look into Luce and Daniel's pasts, love, heartache, and experiences. In each life they find each other, love each other, and loss each other. It is heartbreakingly romantic. My heart ached with every death Luce faced, and sped up faster with every kiss. If you haven't read this book you must! and if you haven't started the series your
crazy! I mean its forbidden love that last forever.

I recommend this series to everyone, and anyone who enjoys a beautiful supernatural romance, with unique characters. I can't wait for the fourth and final book of the series. Rapture coming sometime Spring 2012.

-- Overall Rating: A+





Here is a Poem I wrote, that was inspired by the Fallen Series and my husband.



Sweet Embrace:

Eyes like twilight.
I can't help, but be drawn into their depths.
When I look into them I smile.
The warmth from them spreads joy, and love throughout my entire being; like wildfire.
I tremble at your touch.
Not from fear, but from the unfathomable wonder of how such a gorgeous creature
should want me; should choose me.

The Sweetness of your embrace encases me in strong arms of comfort and protectiveness.
Your smell of delicate spices envelopes me, and captures my heart.
My heart is yours, and will be forever, if you only ask it of me.
The sweet suppleness of your lips touching mine ignites my heart,
and burns pleasure and comfort throughout me, electrifying every cell in my body.

Your hand caresses my cheek, and slides into my delicate hair,
while we continue our sweet delicate kiss.
We hesitantly end the kiss, slowly untangling our embrace.
Hearts beating fast, and bodies tingling with the dizziness of wonder, passion, and love.

We look into each other’s eyes once more, holding each others hands.
I know from this point on my life is changed forever.
I have found you finally.
From this day forward, nothing will tear us apart.
I have been forever changed by the sweet embrace of my soul mate.


Written by Laura Koehler Oct. 1st 2010. Dedicated to my husband Jay Koehler and Lauren Kate for inspiring it.
 

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! So glad to hear this one was fabulous. I still need to read Torment, but now at least I don't have to wait before I get to read Passion too:) I'm excited we get more information on their pasts, that was definitely something I wanted to know more about after reading Fallen. And your poem was beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very sweet poem!! I loved it! I still need to read the Fallen series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not wait to read this one. I want to see how it all wraps up.

    ReplyDelete