Another Summer Favorite !!!
Turkey Avocado Panini and Broccoli Cheese Soup with Pasta:
(From Publix Recipes)
Turkey Avocado Panini:
- 1/3 cup Caesar-bacon salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 8 slices Bakery multigrain bread
- 9 oz. sliced smoked turkey
- 1 large avocado (rinsed)
- 4 tablespoons cooked bacon pieces
- 8 thin slices Swiss cheese
- cooking spray
- Preheat two-sided table top grill
- Stir together in small bowl, salad dressing and mustard until blended.
- Spread mixture evenly on one side of all bread slices.
- Divide turkey slices evenly over four bread slices.
- Cut avocado into quarters, then slice thinly (discard skin).
- Arrange slices over turkey sprinkle one tablespoon of bacon pieces over avocado, then top each with two slices of cheese.
- Place remaining bread slices on sandwiches; dressing to the inside.
- Coat top side of each sandwich with cooking spray.
- Place sprayed side down on grill.
- Grill 3-4 mins. or until bread is golden and cheese is melted.
- Slice and serve.
Broccoli Cheese Soup with Pasta:
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh pre-diced onions
- 2 (14oz.) cans reduced- sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14oz.) box deluxe macaroni and cheese dinner
- 12 oz. fresh broccoli florets (rinsed).
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup toasted cheese snack chips
- 1 large zip-top bag
- Preheat large sauce pan on medium 2-3 mins.
- Place oil in pan; swirl to coat.
- Add onions, cook 2-3 mins, or until tender.
- Add broth, cover and bring to a boil for pasta.
- Measure 1 cup of the macaroni pasta from dinner kit (reserve remaining pasta for another use).
- Stir pasta into boiling broth; boil 9 mins. Stirring occasionally or until tender.
- Meanwhile, microwave broccoli (in bag or bowl) on HIGH 2-3 mins. or until crisp-tender.
- Whisk together in med bowl, both soups and cheese sauce (from dinner kit).
- When pasta is tender, stir in soup mixture (do not drain pasta or discard broth).
- Reduce heat to med-low, and stir in broccoli.
- Cook 7-10 more mins., stirring occasionally, or until soup is thoroughly heated.
- Place cheese snack chips in zip-top bag and crush coarsely.
- Sprinkle over soup and serve.
Appetizer: Caesar Salad
Dessert: Chocolate Cake
This is a great summer meal to have outside on the deck, drinking lemonade, while reading a good book. It has great flavors that work well together, and the soups flavors coordinate well with the panini and its crunch.
- Overall Rating: A