Is a weekly post hosted by me, to share the love of books and food.
You can post your favorite recipes, cook books, etc.
The Third Recipe for S'more Month Is......
( By Paula Deen )
- This one takes a little more time to cook and cool
- Serves 8
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups half and half
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 8 large egg yolks
- 1 small bag mini marshmallows
- Graham crackers, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring cream and half & half to boil in large heavy sauce pan.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add finely chopped chocolate and whisk until melted and very smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- In large bowl whisk yolks until they are uniform in color.
- Gradually whisk in half of the hot chocolate mixture.
- Whisk until very smooth.
- Once eggs are slightly warmed in this way, gradually add the rest of hot mixture whisking all the while.
- Strain if desired.
- Divide custard among 8 (3/4 cup) custard cups.
- Place cups in large baking pan.
- Add enough hot water to pan to come halfway up sides of cups.
- Bake until custards are set, about 50 mins.
- Remove from water and chill for 3 hours.
- To finish, top custard with a layer of mini marshmallows.
- Use a kitchen blowtorch to evenly caramelize the tops of the marshmallow and garnish with graham crackers.
(You can also broil them so that the tops caramelize; just have to keep a close eye on them so they don't burn.)
I love Paula Deen and her recipes are amazing. I have not yet tried this one, but plan on it very soon. It sounds super delish !!!!!!!