Is a weekly post hosted by me, to share the love of books and food.
You can post your favorite recipes, cook books, etc.
This is the last day of S'more Month so lets celebrate with two recipes!!!
Ice Cream S'more Cups:
( By Rachael Ray)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (available on baking aisle).
- 2 tablespoon melted butter.
- 4 scoops vanilla or chocolate ice cream.
- 1 bittersweet chocolate bar.
- 4 large marshmallow.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter.
- Press 1/4 of the crumbs into the bottom of 4 dessert cups, lining the sides and bottom of each cup.
- Fill cups with vanilla or chocolate ice cream.
- Shave curls of bittersweet chocolate over cups using a vegetable peeler.
- Thread marshmallows onto a metal skewer.
- Hold skewer over a burner at high heat and toast the marshmallows.
- Top each cup with a toasted marshmallow and serve.
This sounds amazing and is very simple to make. So if you love s'mores, but do not have a lot time try this yummy alternative.
Chocolate Chip Cookie S'mores:
( By Paula Deen)
- Canola oil
- 3 bananas
- 10 store-bought chocolate chip cookies (the larger the better)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup small marshmallow
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat grill to med-high heat; brush grill with canola oil.
- Cut the bananas in half, lengthwise and grill, skin side down just until warm.
- Remove warmed banana from the skin and cut in half.
- On a piece of aluminum foil, place 1 cookie.
- Top evenly with banana slices, marshmallows, chocolate chips, graham cracker crumbs, and top with another cookie.
- Wrap foil around the sandwich and place on the grill until warmed through and melted.
I love me some Paula Deen. She makes some amazing things, and this is just one of those things that would be a little slice of heaven. You need to try this. I will be very soon.
I hope you enjoyed S'more month. I haven't tried all of these recipes yet but plan on very soon especially the two featured today. They seem very simple and yummy.