I read pretty much any chance I get. I mostly read YA books but some adult ones as well. To me all books are precious gems and are meant to be treasured.



Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Twilight: The Graphic Novel Volume 1 :

Twilight The Graphic Novel Vol. 1 :
 By Stephenie Meyer; Art and Adaptation by Young Kim

Release Date: March 16 2010
Publisher: Yen Press
Reading Level: Young Adult
Pages: 224
Type: Hardcover
Source: Bought

When Isabella Swan moves to the gloomy town of Forks and meets the mysterious, alluring, Edward Cullen, her life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. With his porcelain skin, golden eyes, mesmerizing voice, and supernatural gifts. Edward is both irresistible and impenetrable. Up until now, he has managed to keep his true identity hidden, but Bella is determined to uncover his dark secret.......
--Amazon Description

Ok so everyone has heard about Twilight, and if you haven't, you must have been living under a rock. The story is amazing! A relatable main character, forbidden love, romance, werewolves and vampires what else could you want? Twilight is the book and series that made me fall back in love with books, and especially YA. If you haven't read the series it's a must! (I mean it! You must go out right now, after you read this, and read it!)

Anyway, this isn't about the book, but about the graphic novel vol. 1. I absolutely love this book. Young Kim is an amazing, amazing, did I say amazing artist. I love the fact that most of it is in black and white with a little color in places. The meadow scene is especially beautiful and colorful. Young Kim just captured the characters' beauty and uniqueness, and brings them to life in his illustrations. The Twilight Graphic Novel Vol. 1 is a unique way to read and enjoy the story, and it is a must have for any twilight fan.

-Overall Rating: A+



The Twilight Graphic Novel Volume 2 comes out
October 11, 2011




These covers are just amazing, and look how the two go together to complete the picture of Bella and Edward in the meadow. AMAZING!!!




I would also like to mention that I love the facet that many of my favorite authors' books are being adapted to graphic novels. I love this because you can enjoy your favorite books again in illustrated form.



A Few That Have Came Out or Are Coming Out:
 - True Blood Vol. 1: All Together Now- David Tischman (Out Now)
- Hush, Hush Graphic Novel- Becca Fitzpatrick (Oct. 18 2011 -Amazon date)
- Blue Bloods Graphic Novel- Melissa de la Cruz (Aug. 21 2012 -Amazon date)

No comments:

Post a Comment