I read pretty much any chance I get. I mostly read YA books but some adult ones as well. To me all books are precious gems and are meant to be treasured.



Monday, June 13, 2011

Fallen by Lauren Kate

September 28. 2010
Delacorte Press, 452 pages

What if the person you were meant to be with could never be yours?
There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori. Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at Sword & Cross boarding school in Savannah. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are screwups, and security cameras watch every move.
Except Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce-he goes out of his way to make that very clear. But she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, Luce has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret........even if it kills her.

-Inside Cover sleeve description



First of all let me say I was drawn to this book by the cover. The cover is really amazing! I absolutely love the colors, and it had me wondering why the girl on the front was so upset. Honestly it was the reason I bought and read it in the first place. In the first couple of pages you are introduced to a guy and a girl. The guy is put off and in pain; you can feel it in the writing, but you don't know why. And who is this girl? Then it ends as they are swallowed by shadows, yes shadows. Then it goes into telling you about Luce this really nervous girl as she is starting her year at Sword & Cross which is a totally scary boarding school. You can't talk to your family except at certain times, your observed by "the reds" cameras all the time, the students are weird and dangerous, and there is a cemetery in the back.
As I first began this book I was totally lost and had many, many questions. However, as I continued to read I saw there is a connection between this totally hot blonde guy (Daniel) and Luce. Despite the connection she feels she is put off by his rudeness and avoidance, and doesn't understand why he treats her the way he does. Despite starting at a new school, she begins to make friends. I totally love both Arriane and Penn. Arriane is weird and seems crazy but she has Luce's back when it counts, and Penn is a strange girl who wears tons of layers of clothing, but she is totally super sweet, and is there for Luce right of the bat to help her figure out Sword & Cross and its secrets.
Add in drama, secrets, another dark and handsome guy (Cam), and some weird stuff you have a great book.
It took me a little while to really figure out what was going on, but once you do it is action and suspense. I couldn't put it down. I read it in a day! I recommend if you are a little confused in the beginning continue to the end. Questions will be answered; however, you will be left with more at the end. I didn't want to put any spoilers in here so you will have to read it for yourself to figure out what Fallen is all about.

I also recommend reading Torment the second book in the series.
Also Passion the third book in the series comes out TOMARROW !!!!!!
All in all totally loved the book: A

No comments:

Post a Comment