Savory Saturday is about giving everyone a chance to share something that goes hand in hand together.
Food and Books.
You can either post about a new recipe you read in a book this week, a great restaurant you went to that reminds you of a book, or a great new cookbook or recipe you want to share with others.
(For all you sweet-tooth's out there)
Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball:
- 1 pk (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- graham crackers (recommend the cinnamon ones)
Gradually add sugar, beat just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hrs.
Place cream cheese mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap, shape into a ball. Refrigerate for at least 1 hr.
Just before serving, roll cheese ball into pecans and serve with graham crackers.
(I recommend serving it with cinnamon graham crackers.)
Totally love this recipe. Good for parties, kids, or for a unique dessert.
Overall rating: A+