I read pretty much any chance I get. I mostly read YA books but some adult ones as well. To me all books are precious gems and are meant to be treasured.



Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Review: Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey:

Release Date: September 20, 2011
Publisher: HarperCollins
Reading Level: Young Adult
Pages: 293
Source: Won
Type: Arc
Author Information:
Goodreads
Website
Twitter: @amygarvey

Four months ago, Danny died. In a heartbroken fury, Wren used her mysterious powers to bring him back......never thinking that the Danny who returned would be just a cold shell of the boy she fell in love with. Now, Wren is struggling to hide the not-quite-living, but definitely not dead Danny from the world. As she begins to lose control over what she has wrought and everything in her life starts to spiral into chaos, Wren realizes that she must find a way to make things right......even if it means breaking her own heart.

-- Back Cover Description



Cold Kiss is unlike anything I have read before, and it was not what I was expecting, but in a good way! It starts off with a girl named Wren trying to cope after her boyfriend dies in a horrible car accident. His name is Danny, and he was everything to her. He is not completely dead though, she brought him back to life with her powers, and is hiding him in her neighbor's garage. No one, except for her knows he isn't truly dead, and she tries to visit him when she can, but also tries to keep her own life going.

She tries her best to juggle school, her friends, Danny, her family, and her job; all the while, keeping her powers in check and keeping her secret. This becomes increasingly difficult as Danny starts to remember who he is, and he becomes harder to keep hidden. Also a new Yummy student arrives, named Gabriel; and he rocks Wren's world when he tells her he knows her secrets.

When everything in Wren's life begins to fall apart she must find the strength and courage with in herself to make some hard decisions, in order to set things right.

It was a very emotional yet beautiful read. It's a book that deals with love and loss, and the struggles a person faces afterwards. Wren was a very interesting and beautiful character. I enjoyed every moment of her story, though some of the moments were very difficult. Your with her as she deals with the loss of Danny, and the loss of love. The struggle with controlling her powers, and understanding them and herself. Also her journey of heartbreak, forgiveness, acceptance, and learning to love again.

This is a very heartbreakingly beautiful book. Be prepared to get emotional!

Overall Rating = A+

2 comments:

  1. I don't know... I'm still unconvinced that this is a 'me' book... Lol where's you gem ratings??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review!

    I think I gave this one a 3 or a 3.5. It didn't wow me, but I did like it. Definitely different from other zombie books I have read and very heartbreaking!

    Amber
    The Musings of ALMYBNENR

    ReplyDelete