I read pretty much any chance I get. I mostly read YA books but some adult ones as well. To me all books are precious gems and are meant to be treasured.



Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday's News (6):



October 17th- October 23rd




This is a monday meme to inform people on upcoming book and movie releases, along with upcoming blog information. Hope you enjoy it.





Upcoming Releases for this week.....


October 18, 2011





~ Beautiful Chaos (Beautiful Creatures #3)
By Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

~ The Scorpio Races By Maggie Stiefvater







~ Seizure (Virals Series #2)
By Kathy Reichs

~ How to Save a Life
By Sara Zarr


October 21, 2011



~ Crossed (Matched #2)
By Ally Condie






New In Paperback:

October 18 2011

~ The Women In Black: A Ghost Story
by Susan Hill
~ Offspring (The Sword of the Dragon #2)
by Scott Appleton
~ The Woman in White
by Wilkie Collins
~ Maya's Choice (Kimani True: Kesha Series)
by Earl Sewell
~ Little Women by Louisa May Alcott


*All release dates are from Barnes and Noble.com. The release dates are subject to change depending on where the book is bought.*








Here are a few bargain buys from Barnes & Noble!!!!


Leather~bound Classics:

~ The Story of King Arthur & His Knights  = $10.00
~ Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales               = $20.00
~ Treasure Island                                     =  $10.00


$3.58:

~ The Princess and the Bear by Mette Ivie Harnson
~ Secrets of My Hollywood Life by Jen Calonita
~ On Location (Secrets of My Hollywood Life Series)
by Jen Calonita
~ Stargazer (Evernight #2) by Claudia Gray
~ Vibes by Amy Kathleen Ryan
~ The Juliet Club by Suzanne Harper


$4.48:

~ Waiting for You by Susane Colasanti
~ Notorious (It Girl Series #2)
by Cecily Von Ziegesar
~ Vanished Books 3 & 4 by Meg Cabot

$5.38:

~ Slice of Cherry by Dia Reeves
~ Starfinder by John Marco

* These bargins are found at Barnesandnoble.com and are subject to change anytime by their company. I only post on the ones I see at the beginning of the week. I do not know how long they are good for. *












Paranormal Activity 3

Release Date: Oct. 21, 2011
Studio: Paramount Pictures
Director: Henry Joost, Ariel Schulman
Genre: Drama, Supernatural Thriller
Rating: R (For some violence, language, brief sexuality & drug use)
Short Summary: The third film in the series. This one is an origin story in the 1980s that will follow a new family.


My Thoughts:

I haven't seen any of these movies because they totally freak me out!!!! But I think that many people enjoy them, otherwise why would they keep making them? I don't plan on seeing this one, but I believe its a great time for something scary to come out for Halloween!!!






The Three Musketeers:

Release Date: Oct. 21, 2011
Studio: Summit Entertainment
Director: Paul W.S. Anderson
Genre: Action, Adventure, Romance
Rating: PG-13 (for sequences of adventure, action, and violence)
Short Summary: A hot-headed young D'Artognan joins forces with three rogue musketeers, and they must stop the eveil Richelieu, face off with Buskingham, and the treacherous Milady.



My Thoughts:

I have seen many previews for this and it really looks good. Especially because it has a girl that is totally kick-a$$! I love this movie poster the best, though it is not in English. I defiantly plan on seeing this one at some point either in the movie theater or when it comes out on DVD.


* All movie information was obtained from http://www.comingsoon.net/. Release dates are subject to change based on the area. To check and see when and where these will be released check your local listings*







On the Blog this week!!!


TBR:

Finished since last Monday's News.....





~ Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
( Im totally in love with this book, I wish I could marry it!!!)

~ Immortal Beloved by Katie M. John
(Totally adored, even more then the first in the series)



 Reading This Week......





Trying to Finish...

~ Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
(Loving this book so far, and I knew I would!)

~ The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
(This book is going on the slower side. Its not quiet a page-turner, but good so far.)

Starting...

~ The Twilight Graphic Novel 2 by Stephanie Meyer
Art by Young Kim
( I loved the first Vol. the illustrations are so beautiful, I will finish this one quickly!)




Upcoming Blog Posts:

~ Tuesday: Review of Cold Kiss by Amy Garvy
(yes I promise it will be up this time)
~ Wednesday: Waiting on Wednesday
~ Thursday: Review of Fins are Forever by Terra Lynn Childs & Giveaway
~ Friday: TGIF & Weekly Recap
~ Saturday: Something Halloweenish
~ Sunday: In My Mailbox







Important things happening in my personal life, on the blog, or on other blogs.





Happy Birthday!!!!
To my wonderful Husband Jay who turns 26 today!!!
Love you a ton, have a super awesome day!


































3 comments:

  1. I thought Crossed came out on November 1... No? I'm losing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys an update. My friend Ash above let me know that Crossed doesn't come out til Nov. 1st. For some reason B & N had it up to be released early. Well I rechecked a few sources and it is in fact Nov. 1st. Sorry about the confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for listing my book STARFINDER. Yes, it's a bargain book, but I hope that encourages people to read it! It's my favorite of all the books I wrote and (in my opinion) deserved a winder audience.

    --John Marco

    ReplyDelete