Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren:
Aug. 31st: Chapters 1-6: Hosted by Tina @ Tinasbookreviews
Sept. 7th : Chapters 7-11: Hosted by Missie @ The Unread Reader
Sept. 14th: Chapters 12-17: Hosted by Jay & Serena
Sept. 21st: Chapters 18-23: Hosted by Jenny
Sept. 28th: Chapters 24-28 & Wrap Up: Hosted by Nic
1. After Gabi is injured, the doctor gives her tonic. Gabi questions the doctor several times, what is in it, but he refuses to tell. Would you have taken the tonic in Gabi's situation?
~ This is a tough question because I am a biology major and I am constantly asking my doctors to explain things to me. To break down procedures, tell me what the meds do, and I always ask a ton of questions. So like Gabi I would be asking a ton of questions. I probably would even go into a little more depth then she did. I would be a little leery about him not wanting to answer my questions, but then again I wouldn't have been born in that time. So I would not know what doctor-patient protocol would be. Though I am a curious person I do trust the doctors, and I would trust this one since Marcello is the one who recommended him. Also if I was in the amount of pain Gabi was I would have probably downed the thing.
2. Before the games Gabi asks Lia to let Lord Forabosch win in the archery event as people, especially Lord Forabosch, are becoming suspicious of them. But during the games Lord Forabosch upsets Lia trying to throw her off her game. So Lia decides to win. Do you think she did the right thing by not letting Lord Forabosch bully her or do you think she took an unnecessary risk?
~ I totally back what Lia did. If someone was being a butt head to my sister I would be all for her showing him up and putting him in his place. Now they are in a totally different time, and this may not be the best idea, but they know Lia and Gabi are different, and Lord Fusspaints can just deal with it....lol. Plus I don't think it could really hurt them if people are already suspicious. They have already heard of Lia's talent so she should show it off and be proud of it. If they are planning on leaving soon anyway then it couldn't hurt but so much.
3. When Gabi is dying and she and Lia decide to return to the tombs, so they can get the cure at home, they have to tell Marcello the truth. Even though Marcello thinks that it is madness, that they are from the future, he believes in Gabi because he loves her. Do you think this is believable? What would you have done if you were Marcello?
~ I would probably think that the person I love is a bit crazy, but I would go along with it because they are dying right before my eyes. I would do anything for the person I love, and if they were dying, even take them to the tomb so they can go back to the future. If anything I will be taking them to the place they want to go and be there for them in this horrible time. I think we all want to believe in miracles or something supernatural. Something bigger then ourselves. I personally believe in God, but many people believe that there is something else out there. The unknown. Who am I to say that time travel doesn't exist. All in all I would do what the person asks, for all I know they are dying and I would want to try everything in my power do help them.
4. In the end Gabi and Lia return home. Do you think Gabi will return to Marcello? Would you go back?
~ I believe she will mainly because there are more books. Unless they travel to other times. And yes I would return. If I believe that the person I loved was there, and I would not love another, I would try my best to return to them. Otherwise I would have a very unhappy, unfulfilled life. I can't wait to read the next books !!!
5. Looking back at Waterfall, what was your favorite moment?
~ I would have to say reading it with others and being able to discuss it. I really enjoy reading a book with others. I tend to talk about whatever books I am reading to whomever will listen, but it wasn't until I found the blogging world, that I found people who actually cared about what I was saying, and even enjoyed talking about books. I am so grateful to have you guys to talk to, thanks for the read-a-long and all the experiences I have had blogging so far.
Also the book was so amazing. I am so happy I won the trilogy so I can read the next two soon. Thanks so much to everyone who hosted, commented, and joined in. And thank you so much Lisa for this amazing book, and for giving us the opportunity to win them. I so can't wait to read the rest.