Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren:
Aug. 31st: Chapters 1-6: Hosted by Tina @ Tinasbookreviews
Sept. 7th : Chapters 7-11: Hosted by Missie @ The Unread Reader
Sept. 14th: Chapters 12-17: Hosted by Jay & Serena
Sept. 21st: Chapters 18-23: Hosted by Jenny
Sept. 28th: Chapters 24-28 & Wrap Up: Hosted by Nic
1. Gabi's search for her sister is made increasingly difficult by the fight for territory between Castello Forelli and Castello Paratore. At this point, do you think the rivalry is warranted? Why or Why not?
~ In my opinion the answers could be yes or no depending on some things. For one I think it is not warranted yet from the information I know so far. They fight over a piece of land. I say give it to the Paratore like the former Lady of the house said to do and be done with the killing for a while. At least with the violence that close to home. I think it might be more about power and pride at this point.
Then on the other hand when I think of it rationally and not emotionally it could be warranted. Looking at who the Paratore are and the time period if the Forelli give in and give them that piece of land they may be viewed as being weak. What would then stop the Paratore from trying to bully them for more land? They might have to keep fighting to show that they can not be pushed around. If it was any other more respectable people then an agreement might work, but not with the Paratore.
2. Gabi aids Fortino by having his sickroom cleaned out and using steam to loosen the phlegm inside his lungs so he could breathe better. Have you ever found yourself in a situation that required you to rely on home remedies to aid yourself or another?
~ I know of a few, but not many. I am one to use medicine for my ailments. I will list them.
- I have defiantly used steam to help break up mucus but normally it is done in the shower and not over a bowl. I will normally add a vapor rub to the shower to help, but I think it would do the same thing.
- I also still believe the best medicine for a cold is some really good chicken noodle soup. :)
- I still do something my mother did when I was little, and that is to add a wet cold rag to my head when I have a really bad headache or a fever. It helps to cool the fever and it soothes the eyes and the area of the headache. Of course I usually take something for the headache as well, but sometimes migraines and major headaches require more.
- This one is a bit weird. When I was little I used to get severe cramps in my legs. My mom called them growing pains, but I'm not so sure they were because I still get them today sometimes, and I know I am not growing anymore. Meds, rubs, and heating pads helped but very mildly........ok here comes the weird…… The only thing that really helped the most was when someone would sit on my legs. This cut off some of the circulation and therefore the pain. After about 10-20 mins later with the pressure off I felt much better. Defiantly weird huh?
- Lastly for stress I recommend:
- A hot bubble bath, with candles and a ocean wave cd always helps me relax. (Just a suggestion :) )
By this you can see I am defiantly a more modern medicine kind of girl, so I would have a hard time if I went back to the past. However, I am also a biology major so I could probably cook some stuff up like Gabi :)
3. Marcello and his men don't hide their surprise when they learn that Gabi is skilled with a sword. What did you think of this development? Has your initial impression of Gabi changed? Do you have any secret skills?
~ I think Gabi is totally badass!! I have liked her from the beginning, but this just makes me like her even more!
Secrets skills? Well I'm not sure if they are secret or not but.....
- I'm a pretty awesome cook.
- I write poetry
- I'm really creative. ( I draw, scrapbook, and love photography!)
- One skill I found out I have not to long ago is I throw a pretty awesome baby shower/ wedding. Well the wedding I had a lot of help from my mom, but we did most all of the planning.
I made these for my bridesmaids hair.
4. "Our lips were so close, I could feel the heat of his breath on my skin." Gabi and Marcello's feelings for one another are beginning to stir. What do you think of Marcello as a romantic interest thus far? What do you think of his intended?
~ I think he sounds like a total hottie!! He is super sweet and has a good heart, but also lethal and dangerous. I totally love those aspects. He is very helpful and accepting of Gabi when he could treat her how he sees fit. He is also very protective and has a fierce love for his family and fellow knights. All those aspects make one delicious man!
Now for his intended. At first I totally hated Lady Rossi, but after these chapters I see that she does care for others and not just herself. Also she seems to truly love Marcello, and we find out that she doesn’t need his money she has plenty in her own family. This question made me think back to my first impression of her. I have to say I might act similar to her when Gabi shows up. I may be a bit nicer about it, but I would be concerned if my betrothed shows up with a beautiful girl out of nowhere, and starts giving her all this attention. So my opinion of Lady Rossi has changed, for now, but I still love Gabi more and I am rooting for her in whomever she chooses. Plus if it is meant to be it will be.
5. Marcello and Luca take turns teaching Gabi the dances of Toscana. Would you have like to attend a ball like the one Gabi was practicing for? Do you like to dance? Do you know any cool dance moves? Extra (not really) points if you YouTube yourself dancing and show the video. Come on it will be fun!!!!
~ I think I would love a ball of any kind. It would be great to get dressed up and dance. Yes I love to dance, but my hubby doesn't like it so much so I don't get to do it often. I loved going to dances when I was in high school I wish there were some form of dances/ balls that we could go to now that we are older. I will not be doing a video sorry, but I hope some people will. Here is a few pics from my wedding of me dancing.
Im the second from the right.