I read pretty much any chance I get. I mostly read YA books but some adult ones as well. To me all books are precious gems and are meant to be treasured.



Saturday, September 10, 2011

Interview with Abbi Glines Author of Breathe:



I am super excited to host Abbi Glines on my blog today !!!!!
She is such a sweet girl and an awesome author. If you have not checked out Breathe yet,  YOU MUST!!!!  It is one of my all time favortie reads of 2011.



1. Did you always want to be a write/author? When did you first start writing?


Yes, from the moment I learned to write words, I started writing stories in notebooks. I have notebooks full of stories dated back to 1985.


2. How did the idea of Breathe come about? What inspired you to write it?


I have a ten year old daughter. So we listen to a lot of teen artist in our house. One afternoon while we were taking a boat ride around Ono Island, the private island east of Orange Beach, Alabama, I was admiring the mansions, and wondering who lived in each one. It is rumored that Britney Spears has a home on the island along with other famous people. No one knows for sure who all has homes there. The idea started forming for Breathe that day.


3. Your characters are amazing, and seem so real are the based on real people from your life?


I take different aspects that I like, or in Jessica's dislike about people in my life, and I create characters that way.  Ms. Mary is very similar to my Mama Potts, my dad's mother.


4. Do you have a favorite character, and if so who is it?


Marcus. Through it all he never stops being a friend. Even when you think he should just walk away he still comes through when needed.


5.  What is your favorite part about being an author?


Getting to share the stories in my head with other people and having them enjoy it.


6.  If you had to choose. Who would it be Jax or Marcus?


Just because Marcus is my favorite character doesn't mean I'd choose him. I would choose Jax. He's the fairytale.


7. Do you have any advice for aspiring authors out there?


Write everyday. Even when you think you have "writer's block," write anyway. If it stinks you can delete it the next day. Just don't stop writing. It's like a muscle. Don't let it get weak.


8. Who are some of your favorite authors?


O wow.  This list could take me days to list. We will start with my two all time favorites. J. K. Rowling and Stephanie Meyer. Those two ladies have written the only books I've read over and over so many times I've lost count. I also love Jennifer Echols, Simone Elkeles, Jeri Smith- Ready, and Colleen Houck. In the Indie world I love Jamie McGuire, Addison Moore, Tiffany King, Chelsea Fine, Laura Elliott....... this list could get ridiculous. I am going to end it here.


9. What are a few of your favorite reads of 2011?


Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire --- infreakincredible!  Celestra Series by Addison Moore -- loved this so much I read all 3 books in 3 days. Winnemucca by Laura Elliott -- I've not read such YA literary genius in like ever. Shade and Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready -- love this series!



10. Can we expect to see more from the characters from Breathe in the future?


In May of 2012 I hope to have "His Brat," ready for release. It is Marcus the summer after Breathe took place. I also hope to write Jason a story, but it will be a while before I get to that. Right now I have several things in the line up I must finish first.


11. Lastly, do you have any more works in progress and if so what, and when can we expect them?


October 21st "The Vincent Boys"  will be released on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. It is for the older YA crowd because of the edgy, racy nature of the book. In December Wild Child Publishing will be releasing "Existence" - a YA paranormal romance where Death shows up to take a soul, and falls in love with her instead. There is more to come in 2012, but that's what is on tap for the rest of this year.



Wow, how awesome is Abbi? Again thanks so much for the interview, and I am super excited for your upcoming works. You know I will be reading all of them!!!!

If you have not read Breathe yet you are totally missing out! You need to check it out, and anything else this girl rights because she is an awesome author.

Breathe is available as an e-book through both Amazon and Barnes & Noble, also it is coming to hard copy October 13th !!!! I will definatly be pre-ordering my copy. Also the week of its release be looking for a giveaway of a signed copy of Breathe along with some other awesome posts.























1 comment: