I read pretty much any chance I get. I mostly read YA books but some adult ones as well. To me all books are precious gems and are meant to be treasured.



Sunday, February 5, 2012

Long Awaited Update Letter:




Dear Everyone,

I just wanted to say sorry it has been forever since I have posted. I know I have been gone since before Christmas, and I have missed you. Yes, I have missed my followers, fellow bloggers, and fellow obsessed book worms. I am posting today to let you know where I have been, and also what to expect from Books Are Precious Gems in the future. I hope everyone had a happy and safe holiday season, and that you all got a bunch of new books to read. I know I have! And I will be updating you on that next Sunday on my IMM.

So where have I been for the past couple of months? Well, I finally got a job after two years of being unemployed, and I have been super busy with it. I now work for a company called Classic Granite and Marble. We fabricate and install granite counter tops. I am really enjoying the job so far. Also my husband has gotten a promotion, and we will be moving into our own apartment really soon. So I have just been super busy, but I am here to tell you that I am now back!

Changes? Well with a new year comes a new book rating. I don't want to go into to much detail, but you will hear much more about that very soon. I will still be posting a few memes here and there, including WoWs, Cover Love, Monday's News, and IMMs. I am a super busy women now so I can't promise that I will be as active as before, but I will try my very best. I miss communicating with fellow book lovers, and sharing my bookish knowledge.  I can't promise I will have as many book reviews posted as before, but I am going to try to at least have one or two a week.

I can't wait to get back in communication with you all. Hope everyone has a great week, and that you all enjoy watching the Super Bowl tonight.

Sincerely,
Laura @ Books Are Precious Gems

P.S. Be looking for my next post in the next few days, and Happy Reading ! ! ! !






5 comments:

  1. Yay...Laura is back! I thought maybe you quit...:( congrats with the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back doll! I missed you too! Congratulations on your new gig! *high five* What brilliant news. The little one is doing great. Thank you so much for asking. I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're back chick! We missed you!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just wondering earlier today where you've been! Congratulations on the job - that's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the new job Laura, that's awesome! And congrats to your husband on his promotion:) Glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete